Pages

07 July 2011

I can't wait...

I can't wait until all I have to worry about is:

- nursing at night instead of waking up to pump (its not fun when I sleep through my alarm for pumping)
- blow out diapers because he isn't on an IV
- sleepless nights because I will spend all my time holding and kissing him
- throwing up milk because he drank too much because he can finally nurse to his hearts content
- picking out cute outfits for him to wear because all he gets now to wear are wires, tubes, and a blanket
- having him potty as I bathe him instead of having to use a washcloth to clean blood and gross stuff off of him

Worrying about oxygen levels, heart rate, size of heart, breathing rate, and such is a lot to worry about.  I will be grateful when life is simple and my worries are normal.

3 comments:

jeff said...

found your blog! I totally understand this post. I hope all goes well for Charlie. You and Charles are great parents already!

jeff said...

...this is Rachel Cowley, not Jeff.

Deanna said...

This is so sad. Especially that he couldn't eat for six hours. I know how I get when I have to fast. Irritable! And he doesn't even understand why he's so hungry.

BUT You really made a great point about being so blessed to have found the heart issue now because of the bubble on the lung. That is a serious miracle. So happy for you guys and I'm sure it will be normal in no time.