Pages

23 July 2011

Charlie's first ER visit

Charlie came home the day before his 2 week birthday and has been doing great. He still has his oxygen tank and feeding tube. Since he doesn't have to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings he pretty much sleeps all night. He usually does wake up at about the time we are refilling his feeding machine for a diaper change. One interuption at night isn't too bad, but we are still sleep deprived. Having Charlie home has probably been more stressful than when he was at the hospital. Having to take care of him and making sure that all of his equipment is working fine.  Here is his feeding machine.



This was Charlie's first day home



Thursday evening as we were chillin' I noticed that Charlie's NJ feeding tube had come out of his nose about 5-6 cm. The doctor had told me that it could come out about 3 cm and it would be fine, I was starting to freak out that it was now too high in his stomach and we would have to go to the American Fork ER to have it put back in. I called up our pediatrician and was told that we needed to have it put back in. When I got back to Charlie it was now out about 10 cm! I turned off his feedings and we spent our eveing in the ER. What a great family outing for the evening . . . I hope it never happens again. The next time it comes out it better be able to stay out.

Here is a picture of Charlie's scar



Here are some photos from Charlie's photo op






This is the best outfit for Charlie since it covers his hands and can be snapped up



For one reason or another Charlie has quite a soft cry. I am thankful because it doesn't wear on my nerves (they are already shot), but it scares me that I will sleep through him crying. I think that this has already happened. I know it will get louder, I just hope it is still tolerable. Here is a little video of Charlie crying so you can see what I am talking about.  The loudest he is in the video peaks his normal cry.



Oh, have I mentioned that Charlie's left eye is brown and his right is blue.


Here is a cute photo of Charlie pulling on his ear while at the hospital



Here are some cute photos of Charlie's first time at Grandma and Grandpa Martin's house




Not to make this even longer, but Charlie and I went on a hike to Bridal Veil Falls with some of Charles' family




1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Annette looks amazing for just having a baby, too!