Pages

08 February 2014

Baby Blessing Dress x2

This baby better come out a girl because I just made two baby blessing dresses.  I made one and then I decided to make another.  I made up my own patterns for both and only have a vague idea that they might fit.

Here is dress number one.  This is the top part of the dress.  She will have a white onesie underneath it for sleeves.  The top is designed after a "pillow case" dress.

Here is the skirt for the dress.  I put a hidden draw string inside to be able to cinch it up to whatever size she is. 

Here is the back of the skirt with a decorative bow. 

Here it is all put together.  Charles gave some helpful input while I was in the design phase of this dress. He thinks that the dress is just beautiful and I should have a matching one. 

After making the first dress I found my box of doll clothes from when I was little girl.  Over half of my clothes were actual baby clothes.  One of the things that I found was this adorable antique white bonnet.  I just had to make a dress to match it.

 I decided to go with a very simple and understated antique white "Pride and Prejudice" style dress.  I wanted the attention to be on the bonnet.  When attaching the sleeves, I put both sleeves on the dress wrong, both wrong in different ways.  Ugh, that's what happens when I have two little boys running around distracting me.  I unstitched the worst of the two first and realized that the material frayed so badly that I might not have a dress left if I unstitched the other side, too.  So, the sleeves go up.  
oh well.... Babies sleep with their arms up anyway, right?

 Here is the back of the dress with a cute keyhole to be able to get her head in and a ribbon to help cinch up the neck.

If she doesn't wear this to be blessed in then she gets to wear it the next Sunday.  I really am into sewing right now if you can't tell.

No comments: