Pages

10 January 2012

Annette's Review of a Few Things

A while back I did a little review of books that I had been reading and thought that I would do another review of things that I am enjoying.  Here they are in no particular order, well, I guess the order I thought of them :)

My sister introduced me to this blog http://betterafter.blogspot.com/ and I am thoroughly enjoying it!  It a bunch of before and after shots of people's work of remodeling, refinishing, reupholstering, and redoing things in their home.  I love getting great ideas that I hope to some day use.  We were at DI the other day and found a used table and so that will be my first refinishing project.  My dream is to find a glass cupboard and redo it.  We will see how the table goes first though, maybe I will never want to refinish anything ever again :)

I found this website http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com/ that connects mothers who have extra breast milk to give to mothers who are unable to produce breast milk.  I love this idea and if I ever have to pump I would love to donate my extra milk to someone through this website.

Recently I have been watching the profile movies at http://mormon.org/ that are about LDS church members.  I love how our church has so many great people.  It seems like they all have a great life and then they talk about this huge trial in their life of loosing a family member or giving up something to be better.  I just love it!

At this site http://powerofmoms.com/ there are great short essays that moms write that give advice or encouragement about motherhood.  It is great to know that there are other moms going through the same thing.  Or to see how they are handling certain situations in their lives.  I love that all the moms on the website seem to have great values and are religious.

This site http://www.momtastic.com/ has lots of things for moms.  I haven't looked through it a ton but have liked what I have seen so far.

My mom a while back gave a lot of her books away to her kids.  One of the ones that we got was Between Husband & Wife by Stephen E. Lamb, M.D. and Douglas E. Brinley, Ph.D.  The authors are LDS and is written from an LDS perspective.  I read through it the other day and thought that it gave some good information on sex and some good general marital advice.

This is a great book On Becoming Babywise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam that my sister Colleen introduced me to.  It has saved our sleep!  It helps parents know about a baby's sleep needs and how it changes over time and such.

Charles' family watches Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen "when the snow flies" and since I wasn't going to be around to watch it with them I thought that I would read the book instead.  I LOVED the book!  The second that I finished I wanted to start it over again (I NEVER reread books).  I think that it might become an annual read.

Well, that is all folks.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Pride and Prejudice is amazing!! The library has the movie if you've never seen it.