Pages

30 August 2009

A fEw RaNdOm ThInGs AbOuT oUr WeEk

This Sunday in Nursery:

* There were twelve little kids.
* During Song time, Charles and I kept having to grab little kids from running around and getting in the toys. I was the front guard sitting with the little kids that I had grabbed and Charles was in the back getting those that got through me.
* There was one little boy that was in tears because he got separated from the girl he was goofing off with. He was placed by me and I helped him and every once in a while he would lean over and give me a hug, he also loved playing with my necklace.



Salt Lake Temple Trip:

* We decided that since we didn't have a lot planned for Saturday that we would go to the Salt Lake Temple to do a live session. Seeing things that way helped me understand everything better because I could see who the narrator was supposed to be.
* It was quite interesting to see how the inside of the Temple was decorated because it has so much detail.
* Outside of the Temple before we went in, we saw a man all dressed in white and wearing the Temple clothing, minus the apron. He as well had his face and neck painted in white. He carried a white cane and wore large white cross on a white chain. He was definitely interesting, to say the least.



FHE:

Last Monday night, Charles' parents and sister came to our home to help us move furniture around and figure out the best ways to organize things since I was all out of all of my ideas of where to put everything.



Pretzels:

On Friday I made over 20 home made pretzels for my Grounds Crew end of Summer Party. I would have to say that they were absolutely delicious! Including the kneading and rising time by our bread maker, the pretzels take about 4 hours to make, but are certainly well worth it. Boiling the pretzels is the most time consuming part of the entire process.



Charles' Mono:

Most of the time, I (Charles) am invincible. This week I thought I had recovered from my mono and was invincible again, but alas, I have not. Friday, Saturday, and today (Sunday) I have had a headache and a sore throat. Wo is me.



Statue:

A while back we got a beautiful statue of a cowboy and cowgirl on horses. Larry gave it to us. It's an amazing work of art. I've wanted to share it with everyone and I'll include pictures that Annette took.


Charles

Annette



Death of a Subaru:

Rose Merrill (our dearest matchmaker) decided it was time to get a car that sounded like a car and drove like a car and less like a locomotive. The downside is that we can't hear her coming anymore. They can hear her leaving though because there's a belt that needs some lubrication or something. Rosy Posy did her homework at our house while we went grocery shopping Saturday night. She was a very good house-sitter. We might just employ her again the next time she needs her laundry done or the internet.

No comments: