Pages

06 October 2013

Happy, Happy Birthday Charles Dear!

Charles is older and wiser, too!
Charles is a great daddy and hubby.  He is smart, kind, funny, and practically perfect in every way.  He is great with the kids and they are always so happy when he comes home from work each day.  When Charles isn't at work Charlie lets us all know that Daddy is home.  He is always so happy when Daddy is home.  And we all are so happy when Charles is home.  He brings great joy and happiness into our family.
Charles has a funny story to share with you all:

Thank you, Annette.  (This is Charles speaking now)  The HR Manager saw me and told me that she went to the hair dresser's.  She was talking with the hair dresser and somehow the subject of Jehovah Witness missionaries came up.  She then shifted gears a little in the conversation and told the hair dresser that she saw Mormon missionaries, but that this guy from Utah (me) had moved to Pennsylvania to work at Flight Systems and he was such a good guy so now when she sees missionaries she has a complete "change of heart" if they're like me (very flattering).  The hair dresser then replied that she was Mormon which totally stunned our HR Manager and she said that apparently she needs to "open her eyes" to what's happening.  Through all of that story I never did hear what her previous thoughts/feelings were about the church, but they must have been negative since she's having an implied turnaround of thoughts and feelings.  The hair dresser said she went to the Camp Hill Ward and asked what ward I went to.  The HR Manager said she thought I was having a hard time finding the church and the lady said that wouldn't be the case!  I then told my HR Manager that I went to the Lewisberry Ward to which she responded, "Lewisberry has its own ward?!"  I told her that it did take in several other surrounding cities, but that the church is quite large and global.  I told her that there are more Mormons in California than in Utah and that there are more Mormons outside of the United States in than inside the United States.  Those statistics were as mind-boggling for her as they are for me.  It's exciting to watch the Church grow and prosper like it is!!  And there are SO many great people out there (like my HR Manager) whose lives could be even more blessed than they already are by a knowledge of the Restored Gospel!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Cool missionary story, Charles! And happy late birthday!