Pages

09 October 2012

Funny Little Life

Charlie has learned how to "dance."  He likes to do it quite often.
Last Saturday while I went to the General Relief Society Broadcast Charles was in charge of taking care of Charlie and getting him to bed.  The next morning I kept thinking that Charlie's bum looked like a bum without a diaper on it.  As well, while holding Charlie, I could have sworn I felt his crotch get warm as if he was peeing.  When I went to get Charlie out of his pj's and change his diaper I realized that Charlie wasn't wearing his diaper.  That is, it wasn't where it should have been.  The diaper had slid down one of his legs and was stuck there.  I had lots of fun cleaning up the mess :)
 Here are some pictures of Charlie getting the tow rope ready around the car to tow boulders across the yard.  I had mentioned him doing it in this post.

 Our neighbors were doing construction in their back yard with heavy machinery so I let Charlie stand next to the window on our kitchen counter while I did dishes in the morning.  Once the machinery stopped he found the dishes much more exciting.  Hence sitting in the semi-clean crock-pot and playing with whatever he could reach.

 One of our birds kept getting his leg stuck in the top of the cage so I would un-stick the claw.  I was befuddled at how the bird seemed to keep making the same mistake that would get him so stuck.  Finally during a meal I saw him stuck and so I helped him out.  Before I had even sat back in my chair he was re-stuck!  That was when it finally dawned on me that he wasn't stuck at all but liked to sit like that.  During the course of the meal I watched him get his leg in the roof of the cage and then take it down.  My emotions for the bird went from sympathy to the idea that we had the oddest bird ever.  I don't see how that is comfortable in the least.

1 comment:

Nathan and Colleen said...

Charlie is SO cute in all those pictures. That diaper down the leg is hilarious.