Pages

03 July 2012

My Favorite Store ... Deseret Industries

Me:  Hi, do you know what my favorite store is?
You:  Yes, you just mentioned it in the title.  Did you go today?
Me:  Yep.  We had to go into Tooele, so I of course stopped into DI, the best thrift store ever.
You:  Did you buy anything good?
Me:  Why yes.  I found one of my greatest finds ever!  I bought a beautiful hutch.
You:  Hmm, it couldn't be that nice if it was at DI.
Me:  Oh, you underestimate DI.  It was BRAND NEW since companies will often donate things that they can't sell for a tax write-off.  It was only $175, we are guessing that normal retail is around $1,000.
You:  Wow, I never knew that companies donated to DI.  Now I think I will go check out our local DI for some good deals.  Do you have a picture of your hutch?
Me:  Of course.  Here ya go.
You:  WOW!!!  That is BEAUTIFUL!  I really need to go to DI a lot more often to get awesome deals like you.
Me:  Oh and did you see the neat light switch that turns on the three built-in lights?
You:  No, ... where is it?
Me:  It's right there.  Don't you see it?
You:  No.
Me:  It's the top right hinge, all you do is touch it.  And it has different brightnesses.
You:  Awesome!
Me:  And if you want to see a picture from the manufacturer, click here.  The portion that was being sold at DI was only the top.  So, yes it doesn't have exactly the same look, but it sure still looks uber nice.

1 comment:

Nathan and Colleen said...

Congrats on your awesome find.
C