Pages

27 June 2012

Baby #2, Name in the Making

I had an in depth ultrasound today with a pretty nice machine so that they can check to see if baby #2 has any heart problems or other such problems.  They wanted to make sure that this baby won't have to go through what Charlie did.  Everything all checked out great.  Even with their amazing equipment they can't always tell if the heart and other things look perfect, but the baby was in the PERFECT position.  They could see everything wonderfully.  They were quite surprised that they could see the entire aortic arch VERY clearly.  In about two months there will be another high tech ultrasound to double check everything.
The baby is a little bit smaller than the doctors had guessed so my official due date is November 23rd.  And of course the gender of this baby is a BOY!  The funny thing is that finding out the gender was a little more difficult than finding the aorta :)  The baby's legs were really scrunched up tightly, but after a little prodding the baby gave us a peak.
If this baby were to be a girl, I already had the named picked out, but now that it is not we don't have any official names yet.  But, I have promised myself this time that the baby will have a name before it is born.  It was just too confusing being in the hospital with Charlie being named Boy Martin before he had a name.  If you have any suggestions I am willing to entertain them, but I am very much a traditionalist when it comes to names.  Nothing too weird.  A name that everyone knows how to say and pronounce without having it explained ten times.  Spelling is hard for me and I really just don't want to make it harder on my kids by giving them a funny spelt name.

** I usually have Charles proof read all blog posts before being sent out to make sure spelling, grammar, and flow of the post is good, but Charles is at a city league softball team and didn't check this.  So, if there are mistakes, ... well, maybe next time will be better.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Annette--congratulations on baby #2, and your spelling, grammar and flow were just right. You surprised me by admitting to using a proofreader--I love what you write all the time! :o)