Pages

24 June 2011

"Is the Baby Here Yet?"

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first baby.  You are completely glued to your phone for the text that says, "Annette's in labor" and the second one that says, "The baby came!!!"  But alas, the baby has not come yet and Charles has not sent these texts out.  Although the baby's due date is this Saturday, tomorrow`, I don't think he will come.  Call it motherly instinct, a hunch, or what have you, I just don't think he will come.  I think he is much to comfy in the womb to want to leave it yet.  Thankfully I am pretty comfy too.  The baby and I are doing great and are enjoying our 100% time together.  I feel like this is the only time in my life that I will be able to give my baby a "hug" 24/7.  I would have to say that I am slightly jealous that the doctor will be the first to hold my baby.  I wish I could be the first, but then again that would be a bit hard to do.

Here I am today, 24th of June 2011, one day before the baby's due date.


These last few days are going to always be had with anticipation.  Every night when I go to sleep I think, "The baby could come tonight."  When I wake up I think, "The baby could come today."  But even though we are anxiously awaiting our baby, I make plans for every day of all the things that I want to do: clean the bathroom, make pretzels, go to gatherings, do dishes, wash the laundry, go to doctor's appointment, reorganize the pink room, organize our files, write our blog, take a picture of my belly for blog, ... You get the idea.  Life is planned, but sometimes I ruin my own plans with a 3 hour nap (twice a day sometimes).  It is just too hard to sit at home in anticipation with nothing on my agenda.  It is funny how having a baby is one of the biggest days of a mother's life, that will change it the most, but yet you can't even know when this big event is going to happen.  I guess if you have a planned c-section (ugh, not fun) or a planned induction (I hope this doesn't have to happen) then you can kind of plan for when the baby comes.  I sure hope I don't have to be induced.   That just sounds like it takes all the fun out of it.  As for a c-section, that is the last way I want to give birth to my baby.  Getting cut open just sounds awful, I don't understand people that voluntarily have their baby that way.  I do understand the need for them when it is used as a life saving measure though.  I want this baby to come as naturally as possible.

In my spare time between not wanting to clean the toilet and sleeping, I have been actively reading some parenting books.  I know what you are thinking, "What? The baby isn't even here and heck, for the first little while he won't need 'parenting'!  Why are you using your time reading parenting books?"  I say to you, "It is never to early to learn to be a good Mommy."  As well, in the Doctrine and Covenants 68:25 where it says that if a parents don't teach their children righteousness, then "the sin be upon the heads of the parents."  I would really like to avoid having my children's sins upon me because I wasn't a good mom and didn't teach them well.  I have always been slightly scared of that scripture, even before I was ever married.  I don't need any more sins; I have too many of my own to take care of.  I do love that scripture though because it means that when a child was not taught correctly, he can't be the only one to blame.  If you are never taught what is right, how can you be expected to do that which is right?  It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from "Ever After" where Danielle says while talking to Prince Henry, "If you suffer your people to be ill educated and their manners corrupted from infancy and then punish them for those crimes from which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, Sire, that you first make thieves and then punish them."

Well, this is much, too much, rambling.  I should probably end by saying something profound, but nothing is coming to mind.  So, in the famous words of my hubby.  "Thus it is. The end."

2 comments:

Nathan and Colleen said...

Yay Annette! We're so excited for you. I can't wait.
C

Deanna said...

Thank you for the update because I have been wondering. My friend was due July 8th and had her baby this morning. Doesn't that just make you so mad? When I had Raegan everyone who was due after me ended up having their babies before me and it made me ridiculously mad. (You do not think rationally at the end of pregnancy.) I actually had to be induced a week late. It was sad to be induced, but I couldn't wait any longer. Even now I am not due for three and a half more weeks (july 19th) and I start every day hopeful that I will go into labor, which is actually ridiculous because I am far from ready. Anyway... I should probably write this on my own blog instead of this super lengthy comment on yours. Sorry. :) Good luck waiting! I hope you don't have to be induced, but your womb does look pretty comfy to me.