Pages

06 June 2011

Baby Shower and Random Thoughts

Charles and I get together with some other couples in our ward that all have one child or less and have FHE together on Sunday evenings.  This last Sunday evening they said they wanted to do a Break-The-Fast dinner together.  What a great idea.  So Charles and I get there and when we walk in they yell, "Surprise!"  I looked at them and went, "Huh?"  I thought they were just being silly.  (Being pregnant my brian's default is always on "off" and comprehension has gone down.)  As we walked in I saw streamers and thought, "Hmm, they sure went all out for this dinner."  The Young's baby, James, was on the floor so I sat down and started tickling him.  While doing so Zack brought out a pile of gifts.  I looked at them and thought, "Hmm, I wonder who those are for.  Why did he put them next to me?"  Wow, I was really not getting it.  Finally they told me straight out that this was a surprise baby shower.  I was flabbergasted!  I couldn't believe it!  I am still a little stunned.  We have the best friends ever!  They all gave me the cutest things ever and I am so grateful to them for it!  After we got home from the fun baby shower and dinner I stayed up taking the tags and such off of everything and was so excited to put it with all of my other baby stuff.  Charles wanted to go to sleep, but I was too excited!  But after all that excitement I really couldn't sleep and got about 4 hours total.  I am slightly surprised I haven't taken a nap yet today.  I will probably sleep great tonight though.

On a side note, I have become very forgetful being pregnant (did I talk about this already?).  Last week for our Sunday school class I forgot where I had put our fun chalk that we take.  This week for Sunday school I didn't have the chalk still (it is somewhere, but I just can't find it) and I lost our manuel.  Thankfully I had done a pretty good job with studying the lesson and had almost everything marked in my scriptures.  The lesson went quite well (I think) despite the fact that I had no manuel.  Over all, being forgetful will probably mean that I will forget all the difficulties with being pregnant and will do it again without any hesitation.

There are many good things and bed things to being pregnant and most are obvious, but there is one of each that I find particularly specific to me.  The worst part is not being able to eat raw eggs.  I talking about not eating them in batter or cooked sunny side up.  The best part is how my belly button changes.  I think it is the funniest thing ever.  I have always had a weird fascination with skin and how it feels so my belly button is now highly interesting to me now.  Over all pregnancy is amazing!

No comments: