Pages

18 May 2011

Baby is Growing

So I had a baby appointment today!  I really love going to my appointments to hear the baby's heart beat and to know how well he is growing.  My tummy is measuring perfectly and everything is looking great.  I officially weigh more than Charles does!!! Yea!  I have really been looking forward to this.  Weird I know, but I guess in my mind it means that the baby will pop out soon.


He is still definitely head down.  His back is facing my left side with his cute arms and legs on my right.  That would explain why I have only felt kicking on that side and why my tummy is lopsided all the time.  Charles said that it looks like a slide.  Also, my belly button is no longer centered, it is a bit to the left, weird....


On most things in life you can turn back at the last second if you decide you don’t want to do it.  If you are going to college, at the last second you can turn your back and never go again.  If you are about to start a new job, the day before you can call them up and quit.  If you decide to grow a garden you can just decide to stop and you are done.  With almost everything in life you can turn back at the last second and say, “Oops, I decided not to, I am done.”  But with having a baby there is no way to say such things.  You can say it all you want, but the baby has to come out one way or another.  And once it is out, you are in charge of it for the rest of its life, or yours, which ever comes first I guess.  I have always kind of known this, but never KNOWN it.  Thankfully I do want to have this baby and I am not freaking out.

No comments: