Pages

29 May 2014

Elizabeth, My Little Doll

The compliment that Elizabeth receives most often is that she looks just like a little doll.  The first time I heard it, it caught me off guard, but now it is the norm.  When we were at the store I heard a mother trying to convince her young daughter that I was in fact holding a baby and not a doll.  It probably doesn't help it that she has worn some of my doll's clothes.

Here is a video of Elizabeth smiling while Charles is messing with her.

She really is the cutest little baby girl, but she can sure burp like her daddy.  She is a really great burper.  Within a few seconds of putting her up on my shoulder or having her do a sit up she will burp.  She is so good that one time she burped mid nursing, that one shocked me.

Having three children must be taking its toll on me since I found my first white hair.  It was brown half way up and then white the rest of the way to the root.  Kind of weird, but kind of cool in a way.  I don't know how much correlation there is between going gray and having kids, but I would much rather have white hair and lots of kids than brown hair and no children.  Graying can't all be correlated to kids though since Charles got his white patches of hair while on his mission in Russia and his hair color doesn't seem to be changing with kids.

No comments: