Pages

13 December 2012

Lots of Firsts

Here is a list of some recent FIRSTS:
I made homemade cream cheese because I was going to make a cheesecake for our Ward Christmas party and forgot to buy the cream cheese.  The cheese turned out a bit more like ricotta, but it still worked.  After reading some comments online about the recipe I learned what I did wrong.  I need to do the math to see if it is cheaper than buying it pre-made, if so I will probably always make it myself.
Charlie fell asleep in the car on the two minute drive home from church.  He slept on the couch for about two hours until we woke him up.
Charlie had his first hair cut!  I can't believe I finally did it.  I had been thinking about it for a while now, but then I would always decide against it.  His hair was getting too long, it was time.
Here is how long his hair was before.
 I fluffed it all up after a bath so it was easier to see how much hair he really had.
 Cutting his hair was SOOOO HARD!  Charles did as much work as I did by trying to entertain him while keeping him still.  We tried using the cape to keep his clothes clean, but the cape made matters worse.
 I miss his hair oh-so much now.  I was in the habit of running my fingers through it whenever he sat next to me.  Now his hair is short and not baby-esq at all.  I can't wait until Henry's hair is long enough to play with...  Here are some photos of his haircut.
 It doesn't look fabulous, but for how much he was squirming, I think it looks pretty darn good.
First time I found Charlie reading my book in our bed.  It was pretty cute. 
Henry's first true bath was a success.  He really enjoyed floating around, with our help of course.  Getting out of the warm bath water was the only hard part for him.  Sorry, no picture.

First time I found Charlie's food in our house plant's bucket.  Charlie can reach on top of the table so if he doesn't finish his food he will go back and eat it later.  I haven't been keeping a great eye on him and he has started walking around the house and eating (we are trying to end this habit), hence the food in the potted plant.
First time that I ever washed the same item twice in one day.  Henry had thrown up on our white comforter, so I washed it.  Right after I put the comforter on our bed Charlie smeared poop on it.  He had had the BIGGEST poopy diaper ever that a chunk came out the diaper, down his pant leg, and onto the comforter.  Makes me wonder if there is any poop on our brown carpet.  No picture for obvious reasons.

On a happy note, Charlie said "I love you" for the first time!  The joys of being a mommy.

No comments: