Pages

02 November 2012

Halloween 2012

Charlie was a French painter for Halloween.
He wouldn't leave his costume on for any longer than a few minutes.  I think we may reuse this idea for next year.
 Charlie isn't old enough to trick-or-treat, but he did enjoy playing with the candy that we gave out to the kids that came by our house.   Thankfully the secret that candy is food hasn't reached Charlie so there was no fussing or crying for candy!  Hopefully he doesn't get let in on the secret for a few more years :)  We did although have a "fun" Halloween dinner.  Charlie and I made a pumpkin pizza.  It doesn't look fabulous, but it was fun.
While I was rolling out the dough Charlie loved playing in the flour!  He sure knows how to make a mess, but it was so fun.  While Charlie was swiping flour off of the counter, I could hear in my mind my Mom saying, "He's acting his age."  I am glad that she always told us that about younger kids when they did things that were so immature.  It helps me realize that little kids just don't get it, patience is always needed, and it is fine for them to act their age.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Love the costume. And I really like what your mom taught you about kids acting their age. Nice way to explain it!