Pages

01 April 2012

Digging a Sprinkler System

Charles' parents, Tom and Jan, came out to our home for Friday and Saturday  to help with the sprinkler system.

FRIDAY:
Charles has been digging our trenches for our sprinkler system with a pick for a while, but on Friday our neighbor came over and told us about a guy that will dig the trenches for you with his Gehl for a pretty good price.  Charles figured that he might at least call up the guy to see how much he would charge.  Long story short, Charles ended up driving it and dug the rest of our ditches for $100.  He said that it was worth the money just to drive the machine!

 Tom helped guide him through everything since you have to drive the machine backwards.

Jan and I helped with trenches by digging a trench underneath our sidewalk.  We each went from a side to meet in the middle.  Here I am with my arm completely under the sidewalk digging at the dirt.
 Charlie gave moral support for a little bit but then decided that he wanted to eat and be inside.


SATURDAY:
Charles' grandparents and Uncle Karl came to our house to partake in all of the fun.  Karl was a great help!  Charles, Tom, Karl, and Grandpa helped dig trenches where the Gehl couldn't.  They worked so hard, even with the crazy high speed winds we were having.  They got a lot of good work done!
I finished the trench underneath the sidewalk with the help of a PVC sprayer attached to the hose.  I got pretty muddy and filthy in the process.  My hair was absolutely caked in mud since I ended up laying down in the water to reach my hand down the hole to help with the process.  It always feels so good to get completely filthy!  During General Conference I had to sit on a towel on the couch so that I didn't dirty it all up.
After finishing my first hole I went on the dig another.  The wind had picked up a ton and this became my new outfit.
 Our garage was open all day and with the terrible wind it kicked tons of dust and dirt onto our cars.  I have never seen such filthy cars that were in the garage.
For the second session of General Conference we were so pooped that Charles and I practically slept through the entire thing.  Good thing we can watch it later.

No comments: