Pages

20 September 2010

ER Visit and fun things like that

I know, I know, everyone is thinking that we like to visit the ER and just hang out there.  Unfortunately I was the patient in intense pain and scared I was going to die.  I had woken up with pain and then after taking a shower and throwing up my body went numb, started shaking uncontrollably with my muscles constricting and I could not do anything.  Before the worst started I called Charles to come home NOW.  He came home saw that I was completely pale, so he rushed me over to the ER at the BYU Health Center.  I threw up again and and they gave me an IV and a shot for pain.  They took a blood and urine sample.  They said that it al looked normal and they would only know more information if it happened again.  They hypothesized that I was simply dehydrated, but I am quite a bit skeptical of that.  Others have hypothesized of an ovarian cyst, I was talking to one of my friends during lunch and she said that the exact same things happened to her, including the convolutions.  But with her they actually had her go to a real hospital where they did more tests.  But I feel better now and surely don't want it to ever happen again to know why it happened.

As well on Saturday, Charles helped his sister with a fundraiser that she put on on Saturday.  It was a large yard sale and bake sale and since we have a vehicle with a towing ability and have friends with a trailer, Charles spent a lot of time hauling donated things to the fundraiser to be sold.  As well he would haul items to people houses if they couldn't.  He provided a great service to the cause.  They said it was pretty successful, but because they had SOOO much donated, they will be re-holding the yard sale again next Saturday.

Charles' coworker had a little party in which we attended.  It was interesting.  We were the only "true Utahns" there, as she put it.  It was an interesting experience to be around a bunch of people that were drinking, but it really didn't feel like we shouldn't be there.  They are used to the Mormon culture and didn't even think twice about us not drinking.  Most people that do drink and aren't used to Mormons, think it is absolutely strange that people wouldn't at least drink socially.  We did leave once the hard alcohol came out and they started taking shots.

No comments: