Pages

05 October 2009

Our fun week

This week for the Martin family has been lots of fun!!


On Monday we had a birthday dinner at Sam Hawk which is a Korean restaurant. It was my (Annette) first time ever having Korean food and I LOVED it. My favorite was Duk Poki (that is at least what Charles said it was called).


On Wednesday we went to a little birthday party for Charles’ nephew, Matin, which was lots of fun. Seeing family is always great. Also, Wednesday was the first cold day. On Tuesday it was 80 degrees and on Wednesday it was about 40 degrees and just south of Provo it snowed! Winter will be here very soon.


On Thursday we attended the BYU Football Fireside which are held before each football game that they play. I happened to read in the BYU newspaper that it was going to be held, I had never been to one before, but Charles told me about them a while ago, so I figured it would be fun. It was great to hear from the football players one night and see them play the next evening.


On Friday, we saw my Mom and Larry who had come up to Utah for the BYU vs. USU game. Larry is a USU fan, but we will convert him to BYU soon enough. It was a pretty fun game and I of course took my camera to try to get a few good photos from such a distance.

This Saturday, Charles had to go into work to help with the inventory that had to be done. Thankfully Rose came over and kept me company during General Conference. Charles did come home half way during the second session of General Conference. It is always better to hear the words of the prophet with the one you love. Conference is by far one of my favorite times of the year and am thankful for the opportunity to be able to watch it on the tv in the comfort of our own home.


On Sunday between session Charles and I went for a walk up South Fork (I think that is the name) which was absolutely gorgeous! Fall has definitely come.





1 comment:

Nathan and Colleen said...

I really like the picture of all the red leaves on the path.