Pages

12 December 2014

Christmas Time!!!

We have had a few good snows, the first being the best.  The boys loved making a snowman with Daddy. 

Here are two clips, they are both a little long, but whatever.

  
We have decorated for Christmas!  The boys love plugging in the Christmas lights every morning and then replugging them in after I unplug them.

We had a Christmas tree, but it broke so I ripped it apart and used some of it to make a wreath.  I added a bell and pine cones.

The awesome part is that it is pre-lit.

I then put more of the broken Christmas tree on our glass cabinet display.

It looks so pretty all lit up.

I made this from some tree branches when Charles helped some friends cut down trees.  It is in a glass vase and the vase is in a crystal platter.  There is also rabbit fur in the platter.

Another portion, the top portion, of the old Christmas tree was left together and was put into a tree stand.  Last year after Christmas I got a new tree for $10!

I really like our Christmas tree this year.

I really like the pine cones and peacock feathers.

Here is the topper of the little tree.

Charles thinks this tree is pretty funky looking with the fabric and twigs, but I think it is fun.

And here are my logs that are just for fun.  I am really getting into the elegant rustic look.  These logs are also from Charles helping friends cut trees down.

Here are more branches from the same tree cutting.  I wrapped it in velvety blue fabric and added peacock feathers.

I think it is fun.  Sometimes I think it looks really kind of ugly, but then sometimes I just love it.  I think I just like how different it is and that I made it from scratch with no pre-rounded wreath thingy.

The kids have gotten into the Christmas spirit.  They like to dress up as Mary and Joseph.  They also take turns being the donkey.  Lizzy totally left the Mary headdress on forever.
 

Here is Elizabeth being Mary.  She is totally not bothered by her head wrap.
http://youtu.be/BJl2EU_NWgU

Charlie enjoys being the sheep too.


Here Charlie is the sheep running around.

So, a controversial thing that we did was to tell the boys that Santa Clause was pretend.  I have often heard people say they think the spirit of Christmas would die if their kids knew Santa was pretend.  But since the spirit of Christmas is about Christ and not Santa; I wasn't too worried about it dying.  The boys still tell me he is real and not pretend.  I didn't think it would be this hard to convince them.  Charlie does know that the presents come from Mommy and Daddy.  It probably helped that they picked them out and saw us buy them.

No comments: