Charles will most strongly express the following behaviors:
- Proactively connects quickly to others; he's open and sharing of himself. Builds and leverages relationships to get work done.
- Comfortably fluent and fast talk, in volume. He enthusiastically persuades and motivates others by considering their point of view and adjusting his delivery.
- Collaborative; usually works with and through others. Intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
- Proactivity in driving to reach his goals while moving at a faster-than-average pace. Inquisitive about the world around him.
- Relatively independent in taking action on his own ideas. Resourcefully works around most obstacles blocking completion of what he wants to accomplish.
- Eager for results, his drive is for swift implementation. He works best in fast-paced environments offering a variety of activities, rather than routines.
Charles is an engaging, stimulating communicator, poised and capable of projecting enthusiasm and warmth, and of motivating other people.
He has a strong sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. He understands people well and uses that understanding effectively in influencing and persuading others to act.
Impatience for results and particularly impatient with details and routines, Charles is a confident and venturesome "doer" and decision-maker who will delegate details and can also delegate responsibility and authority when necessary. Charles is a self-starter who can also be skillful at training and developing others. He applies pressure for results, but in doings so, his style is more "selling" than "telling".
At ease and self-assured with groups or in making new contacts, Charles in gregarious and extroverted, has an invigorating impact on people, and is always "selling" in a general sense. He learns and reacts quickly and works at a faster-than-average pace. Able to adapt quickly to change and variety in his work, he will become impatient and less effective if required to work primarily with repetitive routines and details.
In general terms, Charles is an ambitious and driving person who is motivated by opportunity for advancement to levels of responsibility where he can use his skills as a team builder, motivator and mover.
MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES -- To maximize his effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction, consider providing Charles with the following:
- Opportunities for involvement and interaction with people
- Some independence and flexibility in his activities
- Freedom from repetitive routine and details in work which provides variety and change of pace
- Opportunities to learn and advance at a fairly fast pace
- Recognition and reward for communications and leadership skills demonstrated
- Social and status recognition as rewards for achievement
Like I said, it's pretty amazing that the Predicitive Index can come up with all of that from me simply choosing some adjectives. It's still a generalization and can't be applied to everything. For example, I don't have "...a strong sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done..." when it comes to doing the dishes. I HATE doing dishes.
Anyway, in case anyone wanted to know me better, including myself, this is the ticket.