Pages

23 August 2015

Organizing the Home

I get urges some times to organize the home.  It mostly stems from me getting bored and wanting to redecorate, but the decorating budget has pretty much always been at $0.  So reorganizing is all I can do.  There have been a few Pinterest ideas that have inspired some of the ideas, but mine were all free.  I think they look pretty good for being free, at least good enough for us.

I found this bookshelf thingy on the side of the road and I made Charles turn around so I could pick it up.  Some day I may paint it white.  But not now. 

I wanted little cubbies and hooks in our front closet for shoes and jackets, but that would cost, so I used a diaper box and push pins.

In the boys' room I made a reading nook in the closet.  One of the doors broke off and won't stay on consistently so it was a good excuse.  I even put in a little light for them.  They seem to like it.

On the other closet in their room I organized their toys into baskets we already had and made shelving from old planks of wood that used to be shelving in the basement (I made Charles take that shelving down since I would whack my back into the corner of it when I did laundry.  Someone wasn't thinking when they put that in.).

We picked up these from a ward member when we went to help them move.  I have the boys sort their toys into them.

My sewing and craft stuff used to be in one of the kid's closest, but I realized that I really wasn't constantly using my things and so I put some in our second closet in our room and the rest in the basement office.  This picture makes the closet look incredibly over packed, but I promise it is actually quite organized although very full.  I do what I can with the space I have been given.

No comments: