Pages

11 June 2015

Summer Fun

I made a road for the boys' cars and trucks.  It was a Pinterest idea which worked great.  The parking lot area was Charlie's idea though.  I have since made more corners so it works better.  It is a bit slippery on the hard floor and Lizzy messes it up, but on carpet the road pieces don't move as much.

We have been enjoying the outdoors with chalk!

Lizzy loves to collect and recollect all of the chalk.  After a few minutes she is filthy!

I have decided that I am going to be creative and try to draw something new for the kids every few days.  I started off with a train.

I drew this fish and part of it that is not in the photo is a river going up our steps that the fish is swimming in.

We are ripping out the two large bushes in our front yard so my herbs and other useful plants can have more space to grow.  I made this wreath with the branches of one of the bushes.  I added lavender and a ribbon to make it all pretty.  It is dying quickly and will be in the trash tomorrow, but it was fun while it lasted.

Lizzy needed no teaching about necklaces.  She loves them and has commandeered all available necklaces that I would let her have.  She often also wears my sewing measuring tape and unplugged power cords draped over her shoulders.  She has been really good at not choking herself too which is a defiant benefit.  Oh, her umbilical hernia is apparently not as large as it seems and won't need surgery unless it is not gone by age 4.

No comments: