Pages

06 May 2015

Annette's New York City Trip with the Ladies

I went on a fun two day trip to New York City with three great ladies from church.

We took the train to NYC which was so fun.  No hassle with driving, directions, parking, and all of the costs associated with that.  The train was three hours and lots of fun to chit chat the whole way.

We stayed at the Marriott in Times Square and our view was directly of the ball that drops on New Years.  We were on the 34th floor.

This picture made sense when I took it, but I honestly can't remember what that building is now.

We ate at a fun French restaurant and I ordered the Crepe Suzette.  Unfortunately I didn't remember until too late that they pour alcohol over the top and then catch it on fire.  I wish I had skipped that part.  Parts of it tasted like the smell of rubbing alcohol.  I don't think all of the alcohol burned off :)  So, I guess I have had alcohol now and I would never have it again.

New York City may be fast paced, but eating out is slow paced at a nice restaurant.  Every single place we ate at had a few things that made it really darn annoying.  1) They looked at us like we were aliens when we asked to have the check split.  Some had no idea how to even do it.  2) The servers were incredibly slow at coming by the table.  3) The food was priced ridiculously high.  Most items on the menus were about $20-$40.  One restaurant had a dish in triple digits.  I always scoured the menu for the least expensive thing that would hopefully be enough food.  I guess when overhead costs are so high, the prices have to be high, too.  We spent so much time at restaurants it was awful.  I think next time I will just buy food from the street vendors and skip the restaurants.

We wanted to go to the Guggenheim Museum, but the workers were on strike and it was closed, so we went to the Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art).

At the Met I thoroughly loved the European art!  Here are the main staircases; they are super pretty.

We rode around Central Park on bikes.  We didn't see everything, but we sure saw a lot. 

This was one of the larger lakes.

We went and saw the Broadway play "Finding Neverland."  I enjoyed it.

We saw the 9/11 Memorial.  It was pretty interesting. 

We walked along the coast of the island and we gazed at the Statue of Liberty.

No comments: