Pages

25 April 2010

An Eventful Week

Annette:

I am so sorry for those of you who actually went to our blog to see the photo that I had posted and there were words across the faces of Nathan and David. It did not show up on my Mac even when I logged out of our blog, but once I looked at it on Charles PC I saw what people were complaining about. I guess the "Transparent" feature does not work on PC (I only got complaints from PC users). Macs are taking over the world and Google understands that. Make the world a better, safer place and buy a Mac.

I really don't mind if you have a PC, that is perfectly fine with me, I am married to a man with a PC, I have to be fine with them. If these to men (Steve Jobs and Bill Gates) pictured here can get along, I guess I can get along with PC users.

This week my Mom and Larry came through Utah Valley and decided to drop in. It was a fun evening with them. They still act like they are newlyweds. I don't think they are ever going to leave that honeymoon phase of their life until they get called on a mission... (hint, hint)

It has been a nice relaxing week away from school for me, unfortunately it was filled with lots of work. But this next week my work hours will be back to normal and Spring Semester at BYU will start up this Tuesday. I will be taking a Math 110 class (my ACT score covered the class, but my major requires that I still take it no matter what) and ASL 201. I am very excited for my ASL class!

Charles:

Sister Martin Jr. (Annette) kept having to call Sister Martin Sr. (Janelle) for rides everywhere since I've got our only car from before dawn (05:00) until almost dusk (17:30 to 18:30). So, in an effort to free up my mother and to give my cute perfect dear sweet wife the freedom we all enjoy having, we bought a new old car for her to use. We had a budget of below $5,000 which was still WAY pushing it for us, but oh well. We (mostly Charles) love our German cars so we had to get another one. It's nice because it gives us some versatility. It has a towing package and it's really roomy. It's a Mercedes Benz ML430. We don't have pictures of it yet so we'll provide a stock photo.




The differences between ours and the pictures above have to do mostly with cosmetics. Our car is white with minor blemishes for being 11 years old and the interior of ours was supposed to be tan but really it's puke orange with WAY old-school leather seats. It's got all of the little toys that the BMW has. Annette will enjoy the sunroof and the ability to heat her cold little seat. It has a Bose sound system which she probably won't fully appreciate like I would, but oh well.


My first week at my new job at Merit Medical was super. They're a great company and I really think I can grow quickly and contribute a lot. I just hope I can endure four 10-hour days plus overtime. So far it works. When you all go the hospital for any reason, you should insist that they only use Merit Medical products on you so I can benefit from your hard times. There's always a bright side to your surgery :)

I got a calling today. Say "Hello" to the BYU 248th Ward's first and best-ever ward choir director. The bishop asked if I was musical. I told him I could hold my own. I told him I would accept the calling as long as he would reign hellfire and damnation upon all those not in the choir. Sure, a couple of people have legitimate reasons to not be the choir, but MOST can and should be. I also proceeded to lecture the bishop about how the song of the righteous is a prayer unto God and that it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads. I think a lot of people miss out on a lot of prayers and worship by not going to choir. I also imagine that there might just be tryouts in the hereafter for the angelic choirs praising God which are directly correlated to our efforts in this life and not our talent. Anyway, I'm going to also have the funnest choir ever. We'll have cookouts, field trips, and maybe even a shooting range.




No comments: